This weekend I discovered the toilet having issues, so we embarked on a home improvement journey. I’ve never taken apart a toilet quite so much before, so it was definitely a learning experience.
It all started when I heard trickling in the toilet. The tube wouldn’t stop sending water down the overflow.
We turned off the water and drained the tank to unscrew the contraption.
Turns out the float wasn’t triggering the stop of the flow of water to the tube.
After removing the entire piece with the float, we examined it to see if we could fix it.
The white bar inside the cap is what triggers the flow of water to start and (eventually) stop. It wasn’t returning to the fully “off” position though.
Once we found we couldn’t get to the broken part to fix it, we brought out the new one from the store.
« Prev：Homegrown Collective November 2014 review
Petit Vour December 2014 review：Next »
With the float replaced, all was good again!